The Art of Connection: 7 Relationship Building Skills Every Leader Needs Now
“A masterpiece! Gelb teaches the skills we all need to bridge the gap between the highest ideals of conscious business and the reality of its practice. In the process, he illuminates a soul-enlivening, transformational approach to deepening all our relationships. An absolute must-read for aspiring conscious leaders.”
― Raj Sisodia, FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business at Babson College and coauthor of Conscious Capitalism
Conjungere ad solvendum
Conjungere ad solvendum is Latin for Connect before solving. I’ve made up this motto because through teaching and facilitating innovative thinking for decades I’ve discovered that the most powerful catalyst for inspiring creative breakthroughs, and for translating those breakthroughs into sustainable innovations, is to guide people to connect with one another first, before trying to solve a problem. When people connect, when they are simpatico, on the same wavelength, attuned, in rapport, they are much better at generating, and implementing, new ideas.
When people really listen, when they are fully present with one another, It is, as pioneering psychotherapist Carl Rogers (1902-1987) describes, astonishing how elements which seem insoluble become soluble…” Rogers adds that when genuine connection happens, “confusions which seem irremediable turn into relatively clear flowing streams…”
This isn’t just true in therapy. Connection facilitates creativity in all domains. When people truly listen to one another something reliably magical happens: seemingly irremediable confusions do become clear flowing streams. This is true in a marriage, a friendship or in a professional collaboration.
Recent and Upcoming Public Programs
March 29 – Charlotte, N.C. sponsored by Next Big Thinker!
- Leading Innovation: Transform Yourself, Your Team and Your Organization
March 31 – New York Open Center
- Combining Alexander Technique and Qigong
May 26-29 – Omega Institute
- Super Qi Summit: Healing Ourselves, Healing Others
July 15 – Hudson Valley Writer’s Center
- How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
Tel: (914) 332-5953
September 29 – October 01 – Omega Institute
- The Art of Connection – 7 Relationship-Building Skills for Leaders Today
December 27 – Jan 1
- Annual Alexander Technique Retreat in Malibu
January 5-7, 2018
- I recently returned from a wonderful weekend at Esalen Institute teaching How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci. I will be back at Esalen on January 5-7, 2018 to lead a weekend program on The Art of Connection.