The Art of Connection: 7 Relationship Building Skills Every Leader Needs Now
A masterpiece! Gelb teaches the skills we all need to bridge the gap between the highest ideals of conscious business and the reality of its practice. In the process, he illuminates a soul-enlivening, transformational approach to deepening all our relationships. An absolute must-read for aspiring conscious leaders.
― Raj Sisodia, FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business at Babson College and coauthor of Conscious Capitalism
The most powerful catalyst for inspiring creative breakthroughs, and for translating those breakthroughs into sustainable innovations, is to guide people to connect with one another first, before trying to solve a problem. When people connect, when they are simpatico, on the same wavelength, attuned, in rapport, they are much better at generating, and implementing, new ideas.
When people really listen, when they are fully present with one another, It is, as pioneering psychotherapist Carl Rogers (1902-1987) describes, astonishing how elements which seem insoluble become soluble…” Rogers adds that when genuine connection happens, “confusions which seem irremediable turn into relatively clear flowing streams…”
This isn’t just true in therapy. Connection facilitates creativity in all domains. When people truly listen to one another something reliably magical happens: seemingly irremediable confusions do become clear flowing streams. This is true in a marriage, a friendship or in a professional collaboration.
Pre-order your copy now! Available September 15, 2017.
Upcoming Public Programs
New York Open Center
Saturday, September 23, 2 – 5:30 pm in New York City
The material covered will include how to: hone our listening, empathy and communication skills; shift out of unconscious patterns that interfere with our ability to connect; monitor the balance of energy in relationships and adjust it when necessary; transform our approach to conflict; cultivate humility; and find creative solutions to relationship challenges.
September 29 – October 01, 2017 in Rhinebeck, NY
The Art of Connection – 7 Relationship-Building Skills for Leaders Today
- Discover a stronger sense of connection and rapport in your relationships
- Differentiate yourself from the tendency toward shallow and superficial communication
- Develop new strategies for promoting your ideas and overcoming resistance to change
- Understand your leadership style and learn to work effectively with other styles
- Cultivate the emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills necessary to bring out the best in yourself and others
Eileen Fisher LIFEWORK Workshop
Saturday, October 21 – Sunday, October 22, 2017 in Irvington, NY
The Art of Connection
- Learn practical methods that really work to help you become a better communicator
- Pinpoint your habitual communication pitfalls and come up with positive alternatives
- Improve your listening skills beyond, “I hear what you are saying”
- Practice bringing your unique gifts and talents to how you connect with others
- Discover how to bring out the best in yourself and those around you.
Annual Alexander Technique Retreat
December 27, 2017 – Jan 1, 2018 in Malibu, CA
The Alexander Technique offers a clear look into the principles of human movement which will guide you to a dynamic, kinesthetic lightness. Your thinking will become clearer, your feelings balanced, your sensations livelier, and your movement more pleasurable. And everything you do will become easier and more balanced…
January 1 – 5, 2018 in Scotts Valley, CA (near Santa Cruz)
How to Think Like Leonardo DaVinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day
You will take away endless inspiration and immediately applicable tools to generate more ideas in less time and make greater connections between ideas. Anyone wishing to maximize their creative potential is welcome.
January 5 – 7, 2018 in Big Sur, CA
I recently returned from a wonderful weekend at Esalen Institute teaching How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci. I will be back at Esalen on January 5-7, 2018 to lead a weekend program on The Art of Connection.